Thursday, February 2, 2012

I had a baby shower!!!

This has definitely been one of those long awaited moments that I never actually imagined would happen. We had our first baby shower on Sunday January 29 and it was absolutely perfect. I cannot get over what an amazing job my mom, sister, and my friends did. The generosity of our friends and family was absolutely unreal. People came as far from Indiana to celebrate with us! I think between 40 and 50 people showed up to my moms.

I showed up early to help, and because of course I was super anxious and couldn't wait. My sister had hung three clotheslines up of different baby outfits and bottle brushes and all sorts of cute things. She also made us cake pops! Mom had made such an assortment of food ranging from roast beef and ham roll ups to veggies and dip, fruits, cheeses, potato soup... I mean there was everything!

It was extremely overwhelming playing the games and opening gifts in front of everyone. I was SO self- conscious and worried people were bored... It was tough making sure I spoke to everyone enough, if that makes any kind of sense. But with that kind of crowd, what's a girl to do? I just hope each of my guests knows how much it meant to us that they came to show their love for Natalie.

Below are a few pictures I took... I'm still waiting for Jason to upload the ones he captured. I can't believe we have another shower still to come... We are SO blessed!

OH! And I had my 33 week appointment today.... No weight gain from last time, but she's measuring perfectly annnddd she's head down and in position :)

                                                     Her sweet little bedroom coming together
                                                 Her bathroom closet-- full of lots of goodies!
                                                          Her closet... well, half of it!
                                                     After we sorted and organized....
                                                       Why yes, we did get 24 pacifiers! haha
                                                                Cupcakes!
                                       A massive hamper of clothes, washcloths, towels, & burp cloths!
                                                                    Me before!
                     
                                                                Cake pops!

No comments:

Post a Comment