Friday, March 9, 2012

38 Weeks and not so great...

I don't know what has happened over the last couple of days, but I have had the WORST hormonal surge. I cry MULTIPLE times a day and most of it is completely and totally irrational. A lot of times I can't even articulate why I'm so upset... and I know that scares Jason a lot when he can't fix my issue. The only silver lining is that I'm hoping this recent hormone rush may be the sign that labor is soon...

Regardless, I had my 38 week appointment today. Jason and I were hopeful they would check my cervix, but no luck today. I haven't gained any weight this week, so I am still between 16- 17 pounds gained. Blood pressure, heartbeat, and uterus size were all fine thankfully. I told my doctor that I had been having contractions on and off and frequent braxton hicks. He said he would check me for dilation and effacement.

BUT when I went to schedule my appointment, Dr. Beier was completely booked. My disappointment was extremely obvious. I'm seeing another associate there, but hoping and praying something opens up. Maybe I will get lucky and won't make it that far!

Meanwhile, please pray for me and my hormones... for Jason's sake!

No comments:

Post a Comment