Sunday, January 15, 2012

Childbirth class

I just wanted to make a quick post about our childbirth classes that we had this weekend. I was hesitant about signing up for the class to begin with.... would the $90 really be worth it, isn't this supposed to be a natural process, would Jason be supportive and enjoy the class with me?

Wellllll, it was actually way better than I expected. The class was a two- part series... Friday night at 7-9 and Saturday from 9-2. There were 3 other couples taking the class with us, so it was nice to get to know some other couples due around the same time that we are. The instructor covered SO much information... everything from pain management to the stages of labor to relaxation to tips for dads.... breastfeeding, newborn care, preventing SIDS, a tour around the maternity ward.... I mean, I'm missing so much right now because there was just SO much that we learned!

The best part was that it was a great chance for Jason and I to bond over this life- changing experience that we are about to go through together. We got to ask each other questions, laugh, giggle, and share our concerns. I could not ask for a better birth partner, husband, or best friend.

Next on our list (besides my appointment THIS WEEK!!!!) is our breastfeeding class February 1 and our infant care class February 15. Before our classes-- my baby shower! AH!!!!!!

We are getting ready, baby Natalie!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. That's so awesome!!! I wish that we had taken a class, but alas we ran out of time ;) You guys are going to be great parents and I can't wait to see little Natalie! :)

    ReplyDelete